“Trees grow, and so did we. Venture helped me and many others become 7th graders and now the leaves must fly away. This shows that we have done our part on Team Venture. Later on, new leaves will grow and new students will arrive, to be part of Venture. I hope they will grow as much as we did.”
- Sarah Biggs: English, Literature, and Math
- Anna Del Fiacco: English and Literature
- Jodi Gudewicz: Science and Literature Science Webpage
- Brianne Kassinger: Social Studies, Science, and Literature Science Webpage
- Katie Sorensen: Social Studies and English
- Alexandra Wall: Social Studies and English
- Brooke Wright: Math (Team Leader)
- Concerns that impact your child in all core classes should be directed to the Team Leader. Every attempt will be made to respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Concerns that impact your child in a specific class should be directed to that individual teacher.
Late Work Policy / Absences
All work is expected to be completed on time to have in class in order to enhance the level of learning that takes place during class time. Missing work due to absences can be acquired by contacting a reliable classmate, checking the school homework page, or contacting the teacher at an appropriate time during class.
Your child should make daily use of his/her assignment notebook.
Your child’s graded work is a good indicator of performance in each class. Please use our Parent Portal to review your child’s grades on a regular basis. Mid-term reports will not be mailed to your home, so regular checks of your child’s progress will help to ensure his or her success. If you have concerns, it is a good idea to call or e-mail the individual teacher.
In addition to study hall and homeroom, teachers are willing to schedule before and after school help sessions with advanced notice. Students may come and get extra help with homework, explanation of concepts, organize lockers or binders, etc. Any teacher on the team is willing to help regardless of the subject.
Here are some additional websites you may find helpful:
www.dictionary.com – a great resources for English and literature
www.websters.com – another English/literature resource
www.classzone.com/cz/ – this is the site that supports our science and literature books.
www.xtramath.org – a way to practice all your basic math facts daily. Codes/id’s can be given to a student upon request.