“Trees grow, and so did we. Venture helped me and many others become 7th graders and now the leaves must fly away. This shows that we have done our part on Team Venture. Later on, new leaves will grow and new students will arrive, to be part of Venture. I hope they will grow as much as we did.”
- Sarah Biggs: English, Literature, and Math
- Anna Del Fiacco : English and Literature
- Jodi Gudewicz: Science and Literature Science Webpage
- Brianne Kassinger: Social Studies, Science, and Literature Science Webpage
- Katie Sorenson: Social Studies and English
- Alex Wall: Social Studies and English
- Brooke Wright: Math (Team Leader)
We strongly believe that the school and home need to work together to maximize the education your child receives. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason. We would prefer to handle something early before in escalates into something big. We are excited to work with you and your child as s/he transitions into middle school.
Please focus on Remind and/or Google Classroom as a chosen method of communication. Earlier in the school year, most teachers sent an email to all parents for access to both of these methods. If you need a second invite email from a teacher, contact the teacher.
- Concerns that impact your child in all core classes should be directed to the Team Leader. Every attempt will be made to respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Concerns that impact your child in a specific class should be directed to that individual teacher.
Your child should make daily use of his/her assignment notebook.
Your child’s graded work is a good indicator of performance in each class. Please use our Parent Portal to review your child’s grades on a regular basis. Mid-term reports will not be mailed to your home, so regular checks of your child’s progress will help to ensure his or her success. If you have concerns, it is a good idea to call or e-mail the individual teacher.
In addition to study hall and homeroom, teachers are willing to schedule before and after school help sessions with advanced notice. Students may come and get extra help with homework, explanation of concepts, organize lockers or binders, etc. Any teacher on the team is willing to help regardless of subject.
www.dictionary.com – a great resources for English and literature
www.websters.com – another English/literature resource
www.classzone.com/cz/ – this is the site that supports our science and literature books.
www.xtramath.org – a way to practice all your basic math facts daily. Codes/id’s can be given to a student upon request.