- Karen Zipse: Science (Team Leader)
- Matt Andersen: Math
- Kelly Mathey: Social Studies
- Carol Slutz: English/Science/Literature
- Megan Gallagly: English/Math/Literature
- Lisa Wilkinson: Social Studies/Literature
Homework App : Remind
- Mr. Andersen’s MT math text @andeaccel to 81010 or email email@example.com
- Mr. Andersen’s Regular math text @intrep to 81010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Gallagly’s Math text @mgmath to 81010 or email email@example.com
- Ms. Gallagly’s English text @mgenglish to 81010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Gallagly’s Literature text @mgLit to 81010 or email mgLit@mail.remind.com
- Mrs. Mathey’s Social Studies text @kemathey to 81010 or email email@example.com
- Mrs. Carol Slutz English text @slutzeng to 81010
- Literature text @slutzlit to 81010
- Science text @slutzscien to 81010
- Ms. Wilkinson’s Social Studies text @a27194 to 81010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Wilkinson’s Literature text @lit268 to81010 or email email@example.com
- Mrs. Zipse’s science text @zip to 81010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a wide range of teaching experience and we look forward to assisting your child as she/he meets the challenges of 7th grade. We’ve included some informational items below to help your family become acquainted with team procedures.
Team teachers are typically available for phone calls between 7:50 – 8:10 a.m. and 11:25 -11:55 a.m. Feel free to contact us as needed. The school phone number is (815) 899-8170. In addition, each teacher also can be contacted by email using the staff directory.To facilitate communication, please use the following guidelines.
- Concerns that impact your child in all core classes should be directed to the Team Leader. Every attempt will be made to respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Concerns that impact your child in a specific class should be directed to that individual teacher.
Late Work Policy / Absences
All work is expected to be handed in on time in order to enhance the level of learning that takes place during class time.
Missing work due to absences can be acquired by contacting the teacher upon returning to school or contacting a reliable classmate
Your child’s graded work is a good indicator of performance in each class. Please use our Parent Portal to review your child’s grades on a regular basis. Mid-term reports will no longer be mailed to your home, so regular checks of your child’s progress will help to ensure his or her success. If you have concerns, it is a good idea to call or e-mail the individual teacher.
Teachers will be available every morning, except Wednesdays, beginning at 7:45 a.m. to give students extra help as needed. If a specific teacher needs to be seen before or after school, a student should contact that person in advance to make sure the teacher is available on a specific day.
Social Studies, Science, Literature, English : Monday and Friday from 7:45 – 8:10
Math: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 7:45 – 8:15
One or two Parent Volunteer Coordinators are needed to organize and contact parents to help with various team activities. Adults may be asked periodically to supply food for activities, chaperone field trips, and assist during various special events. If you are available to help in any way, e-mail the team leader or send a note with your child. We value your expertise and appreciate any contributions you might make to benefit the children.
We look forward to having an enjoyable and positive year with your child.