We are excited to present our eighth Sycamore Middle School Run-A-Thon Fundraiser!
This is an exciting event that creates team building and incorporates physical fitness in
a positive atmosphere. It gives the students an opportunity to raise some money for
the school without asking them to go out and sell products.
The students have organized themselves into teams from their grade level. Students will be asking family, friends, and the community to sponsor them based on the number of laps their team (only one person per team can run or walk at a time) can complete during one grade level block of time.
Teams are capable of getting about 15 (or more) laps. Example: team completes 17 laps, donor pledges $1.00 per laps – total donation is $17.00. Of course, flat donations are greatly appreciated. After completing the Run-A-Thon, students will collect their donations as committed on their pledge sheet, and turn their money into our office during morning turn in dates the week following the Run-A-Thon. Checks are preferred, if possible. Please make the check out to Sycamore Middle School.
- Friday, September 2 – Teams are selected, pledge sheets are sent home
- Monday, September 26 – Students turn in their pledge sheet
- Wednesday, September 28 – The Run-A-Thon Date
- Friday, September 30 – The Run-A-Thon (rain date)
- Monday, Oct 3 (or sooner) – Pledge sheets are returned to students for collection
- Monday-Friday, Oct 3-6 – Pledge money collected and turned in to SMS office
- Thursday, October 6 – Final day to turn in pledge money to SMS office
Everyone will be notified of prizes as soon as the Run-A-Thon has been run and all
necessary paperwork is completed. We thank you in advance for your patience!
Please support this event with your usual enthusiasm as this is our largest all-school
fundraiser. Funds generated will benefit all curriculum areas and enhance the learning
environment for all Sycamore Middle School students.
Sycamore Middle School 2016 Run-A-Thon
TEAM PRIZES TEAM PRIZES ARE AWARDED FOR THE HIGHEST DOLLAR AMOUNT COLLECTED PER TEAM.
1st – Each participating team member (per grade) will be driven by limousine to a well-known local restaurant and treated to lunch.
2nd – Each participating team member (per grade) will receive $20.00 gift card.
3rd – Each participating team member (per grade) will receive $15.00 gift card.
INDIVIDUAL PRIZES THE TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS (PER GRADE) WHO BRING IN THE LARGEST AMOUNT OF COLLECTED PLEDGE WILL RECEIVE A COMMISSION BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MONEY HE/SHE HAS COLLECTED. EXAMPLE: $250.00 X 25% = $62.50
1 st – 25% COMMISSION 2 ND – 20% COMMISSION 3 RD – 15% COMMISSION
EVERYONE CAN BE A WINNER
- BRING IN $50-$100 in pledge money collected – receive $5.00 gift card
- BRING IN $101-$150 in pledge money collected – receive $10.00 gift card
- BRING IN $151-$200 in pledge money collected – receive $15.00 gift card
- BRING IN $201-$250 in pledge money collected – receive $20.00 gift card
- BRING IN $251+ in pledge money collected – receive $25.00 gift card
- Only team members who participate in the fund-raising portion of this event will be awarded the team prize!
- Individual commission winners and team winners are not eligible to win “everyone can be a winner” money!