Tuesday, October 12
- Boys Basketball Tryouts | 2:35-5:00 PM
- Board of Education at North Grove Elementary | 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 13
- Interact | 2:45-4:45 PM
- Spartan Food Pantry | 4:30-6:00 PM
Thursday, October 14
- Theme = Squad Day
- Run-A-Thon | All Day
- Conscious Kids | 2:30-3:15
Friday, October 15
- End of 1st Quarter
If you have collected Box Tops, please have your student drop them off in the main office. Thank you!
If your student needs to do a retake, they will be on November 3. Please have your student bring the pictures with them. If students were not here for the first picture day (September 7), they will need to get their pictures taken November 3. You may order online at inter-state.com/order and use code 60519NB.
PTO Staff Lunches
Sycamore Middle School PTO would like to provide the staff with lunch throughout the year. We have almost 100 teachers and staff at SMS who look forward to this event every month. Please see the SignUpGenius website for more information and to sign up for a donation or to volunteer. The first one will take place on Wednesday, October 13. There are still a few openings!
Is your student interested in helping our school, our community, and ultimately the world? Well, Interact Club might be the club for you! Interact club is a service club open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders that is an extension of the Sycamore Rotary Club. We focus on helping people locally as well as helping people around the world. Pick up an information sheet with more information from Mrs. Gerdes in 6th grade or the main office. Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, October 13. All interested students will receive an email with details after they turn in their information sheet.
6th grade students and new, out-of-state students to Sycamore Middle School are required to have a physical on file with the school nurse no later than 7:30 AM on Friday, October 15, 2021. If records have not been received by this date, students will not be allowed to remain in school until these records have been returned to the school nurse. For additional information, please visit Health Requirements, Physical Exams, and Immunizations.
We are excited to present our 12th annual Sycamore Middle School Run-A-Thon fundraiser! This is an exciting event that creates team building and incorporates physical fitness in a positive atmosphere. The students work as a team to complete as many laps as possible on Thursday, October 14th (weather permitting). The students collect pledges which allows them to raise money for the school without asking them to go out and sell products. We appreciate your support as this is our largest all-school fundraiser. Funds generated will benefit all curriculum areas and enhance the learning environment for all Sycamore Middle School students. Your student should have brought home a letter and pledge sheet. New this year… donations may also be made online. Share the link with your family and friends!
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, your student should stay home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Temperature of 100.4 (or greater) degrees fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle and body aches;
- Moderate to severe headache;
- Sore throat;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Diarrhea; or
- Any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC or IDPH.
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Siblings/household members of the symptomatic student may also be sent home.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
If you need to report that your student will be absent, will be picked up early, or is coming in late, please email email@example.com or call (815) 899-8182. Please make sure to include your student’s full name and grade and describe the symptoms if your student is ill.