Thursday, November 4
- Theme = Animal Prints - Get Wild!
- 6th Grade Art Club | 2:35-3:30 PM
- G-Force | 2:35-4:00 PM
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball @ Clinton-Rosette (DeKalb) | 4:00 PM
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball - Home | 4:00 PM
Saturday, November 6
- ILMEA Orchestra Festival @ Moline High School | All Day
Monday, November 8
- Jazz Band | 4:30-6:00 PM
- Jazz Strings | 6:00-7:00 PM
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball - Home | 4:00 PM
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball @ Kaneland | 4:00 PM
Tuesday, November 9
- Student Council | 2:35-3:15 PM
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball - Home | 4:00 PM
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball @ Huntley (DeKalb) | 4:00 PM
- BOE Meeting @ North Elementary | 7:00 PM
Wednesday, November 10
- Spartan Ink | 2:30-3:10 PM
- Interact | 2:45-4:45 PM
- Spartan Food Pantry | 4:30-6:00 PM
October Students of the Month
Congratulations to the October Students of the Month! Thank you for exemplifying our core values and serving as leaders at Sycamore Middle School. We are proud of you!
- Segue — Serra Bradshaw and Alec Eifel
- Venture — Rachel Guzinski and Jackson Hoffman
- Intrepid — Maggie Hasselbring and Liam Jones
- Synergy — Austin Burch and Jasmine Enriquez
- Destiny — John Brandmeyer and Claire Eifel
- Journey — Payton Kalweit and Jose Ponce
Wrestling will begin on November 8 at Sycamore High School. Please stop by the main office during study hall or lunch to fill out the sign-up sheet. Athletes need to have a current physical on file and be signed up on 8to18to participate.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Conferences will be held in-person on Monday, November 22 from 1:00-8:00 PM and via Zoom meetings on Tuesday, November 23 from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM. This link will go live at 12:01 AM on Saturday, October 30 and closes on Friday, November 19 at 11:59 PM. Please read all the way through the instructions before beginning!
Order your child’s yearbook today! The school code is 16551.
If your student still needs to turn in donations for Run-A-Thon, please remind them to do so!
Market Day is Back!
Market Day is back at SMS and now ships directly to your house. No more scheduling a pick up time or waiting in line to get your order. Please follow the directions on the attached flyer. Just register, pick our school, and shop! 10% of each order will be given back to our school. Please make sure to select Sycamore Middle School PTO.
Updated Travel Guidance
DPH’s most recent school update states that following CDC’s guidance to prioritize in person learning means that students do not need to be excluded after travel (international or domestic).
Moving forward, Sycamore School District’s travel guidance will be as follows:
- At this time, staff and students will not need to be excluded after traveling (domestic or international).
- Individuals who have traveled should closely monitor symptoms for 14 days after arriving home.
- If symptoms develop, that individual should stay home and notify their school.
- It is recommended that those who travel internationally should test 3-5 days after returning.
- Although not required, BinaxNOW testing is available through the district to staff and students who have traveled internationally and choose to pursue recommended testing.
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, your student should stay home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Temperature of 100.4 (or greater) degrees fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle and body aches;
- Moderate to severe headache;
- Sore throat;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Diarrhea; or
- Any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC or IDPH.
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Siblings/household members of the symptomatic student may also be sent home.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
If you need to report that your student will be absent, will be picked up early, or is coming in late, please email email@example.com or call (815) 899-8182. Please make sure to include your student’s full name and grade and describe the symptoms if your student is ill.