- Social contact and facial expressions improve physical and mental health, increase immunity, and reduce stress.
- “When we’re smiling and engaging with other people, it’s the engagement with other people that makes us feel better.”
- The face is one of the most “important places in the body to look at for social information.” When you smile, you tend to view other’s facial expressions more positively.
- “Smize” — smile with your eyes! (coined by Tyra Banks)
- Eye contact can enhance your wellbeing.
So don’t let a face-covering stop you from smiling! You and those around you will benefit from every smile.
Source: Moore, Pam. “Yes, You Should Smile behind Your Mask. Here's Why.” The Washington Post, 12 Oct. 2020.