- This event has passed.
September 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
All Sycamore Middle School students are invited to attend the PTO dance . We would like to remind everyone about the requirements and procedures for a PTO dance. Not everyone knows the challenges in putting on a safe, fun activity for middle schoolers, but because of those challenges, there are rules we follow without exception.
- Students must have a CURRENT I.D. to get in.
- If a student has lost his/her I.D., a new one is available in the office for $2.
- Students must be here by 7:30 PM.
- The cost of the dance is $5 with an ID, $10 without (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Doors are locked at 7:30 PM.
- There is no gum allowed at dances. (Gum brought to the dance will be confiscated)
- Students at –30 points or below will not be admitted.
- Students who have been in ISS for ANY portion of the dance day will not be admitted.
- All rules enforced during a Sycamore Middle School class day will be enforced during dances.
- Arrive before 7:30 and stay until dismissed.
- Current IDs are required. Temporary IDs will only be allowed when authorized by the principal or assistant principal.
- Appropriate dress is required; no hats allowed
- Gum should be left at home.
- Food and water must be consumed in the Commons.
- Appropriate space should be maintained between dancers.
- Walk at all times.
- Fighting will result in immediate expulsion for the rest of the dance.
- Inappropriate behavior may result in loss of privileges to attend future dances.
Appropriate behavior is also required in the basketball gym:
- Don’t sit or stand on the wrestling mats.
- Use the ball safely for the number of people in the gym. No long shots!!!!
- Play appropriately.
- Treat backboards and rims appropriately.
- Be respectful of other people’s games.
- Please place basketballs on rack when you leave.
- Please have a ride for your child promptly @ 9:00 PM