We are excited to present our tenth Sycamore Middle School Run-A-Thon Fundraiser! This is an exciting event that creates team building and incorporates physical fitness in a positive atmosphere. It gives the students an opportunity to raise some money for the school without asking them to go out and sell products.
The students have organized themselves into teams from their grade level. On the back of this letter is the pledge sheet. Students should ask family, friends, and the community to sponsor them based on the number of laps their team can complete during one grade level block of time (only one person per team can run or walk at a time). Teams are capable of getting about 18 (or more) laps. Example: if a team completes 18 laps and the donor had pledged $1.00 per lap, the total donation is $18.00. Of course, flat rate donations are greatly appreciated. After completing the Run-A-Thon, students will collect their donations as committed on their pledge sheets and turn their money into the Main Office during the week following the Run-A-Thon. Checks are preferred, if possible. Please make the check out to Sycamore Middle School.
- Friday, August 24 – Teams are selected and pledge sheets are sent home
- Monday, September 10 – Students turn in their pledge sheet
- Wednesday, September 12 – The Run-A-Thon
- Friday, September 14 – The Run-A-Thon Rain Date
- Monday, September 17 (or sooner) – Pledge sheets are returned to students for collection
- Monday-Friday, September 24 – 28 – Pledge money collected and turned in to SMS office
- Friday, September 28 – Final day to turn in pledge money to SMS office
Everyone will be notified of prizes as soon as the Run-A-Thon has been run and all necessary paperwork is completed. We thank you in advance for your patience!
Please support this event with your usual enthusiasm as this is our largest all-school fundraiser. Funds generated will benefit all curriculum areas and enhance the learning environment for all Sycamore Middle School students. If you have any questions, please visit the SMS website and click on the Run-A-Thon link to print additional pledge sheets or view the prize lists.
Team prizes are awarded for the highest dollar amount collected per team.
- First – Each participating team member (per grade) will be transported in a school-sponsored vehicle to EPIC AIR for jump-time and treated to lunch.
- Second – Each participating team member (per grade) will receive $20.00 gift card.
- Third – Each participating team member (per grade) will receive $15.00 gift card.
The top three individuals (per grade) who bring in the largest amount of collected pledge will receive a commission based on the amount of money he/she has collected. For example: $250.00 X 25% = $62.50
- First – 25% COMMISSION
- Second – 20% COMMISSION
- Third – 15% COMMISSION
Everyone can be a winner!
- Bring in $50-$100 in pledge money collected – receive a $5.00 gift card
- Bring in $101-$150 in pledge money collected – receive a $10.00 gift card
- Bring in $151-$200 in pledge money collected – receive a $15.00 gift card
- Bring in $201-$250 in pledge money collected – receive a $20.00 gift card
- Bring in $251+ in pledge money collected – receive a $25.00 gift card
Only team members who participate in the fundraising portion of this event will be awarded the team prize!
Individual commission winners and team winners are not eligible to win “Everyone can be a winner” money!