Friday, September 8, 2017
Location: Sycamore Middle School
All Sycamore Middle School students are invited to attend the PTO dance
We would like to remind everyone about the requirements and procedures for a PTO dance. Not everyone knows the challenges in putting on a safe, fun activity for middle school students, but because of those challenges, there are rules we follow without exception.
• Students must have a CURRENT ID to get in.
• If a student has lost his/her ID, a new one is available in the office for $2.
• Students must be here by 7:30 p.m.
• The cost of the dance is $5 with an ID, $7 without (NO EXCEPTIONS.)
• Doors are locked at 7:30 p.m.
• There is no gum allowed at dances. (Gum brought to the dance will be confiscated)
• Students at –30 points or below will not be admitted.
• Students who have been in ISS for ANY portion of the dance day will not be admitted
The dance rules are as follows:
• All rules enforced during a Sycamore Middle School class day will be enforced during dances.
• Arrive before 7:30 and stay until dismissed.
• Current I.D.’s are required. Temporary I.D.s will only be allowed when authorized by the principal or assistant principal.
• Appropriate dress is required; no hats allowed.
• Gum should be left at home.
• Food and water must be consumed in the Commons.
• Appropriate space should be maintained between dancers.
• Walk at all times.
• Fighting will result in immediate expulsion for the rest of the dance.
• Inappropriate behavior may result in loss of privileges to attend future dances.
• Appropriate behavior is required in the basketball gym:
1. Don’t sit or stand on the wrestling mats.
2. Use the ball safely for the number of people in the gym. No long shots!!!!
3. Play appropriately.
4. Treat backboards and rims appropriately.